Dearest clients and friends,
As of yet, we have not been given an opening date from the province as to when personal service businesses can re-open. However, while we have been waiting, we have been busy preparing the business with safety measures, developing protocols, and making adjustments to the work areas so we can maintain the 2 meters (6 feet) physical distancing that we assume the provincial government and health units are requiring for businesses. We don’t want to simply comply – we want to go above and beyond!
Some of these new protocols that will be in place are:
- clients and staff alike will be asked to perform a self-health check that day
- clients will be asked not to arrive earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment (if driving, we’d ask you to wait in your car – if busing/walking – please wait outside)
- we ask that when possible, to please come alone – or have those travelling with you wait outside (exceptions will be made for those who require some assistance)
- leave your personal belongings in your car – including jackets, and purses – only bringing in what’s absolutely necessary. Alternatively, you may bring a bag to place everything inside
- upon entering, all clients will be required to use hand sanitizer/wash their hands and will be directed to go to their technician’s station (if vacant)
- everyone, stylists and clients alike will wear a mask
- both clients and staff will be required to wash their hands before starting the scheduled service
- magazines and any frequently touched items have been removed from common areas
- food/beverages will not be offered at the initial start-up
- only every other station will be used (hair, manicure and pedicure) which will leave a much greater distance than 6 feet apart
- sneeze guards have been placed at the reception desk and manicure stations
- we are limiting the number of staff and clients each day, to minimize the number of people in the business at any given time
- freshly laundered/sanitized capes and linen will be provided for each client
- depending on the service being provided – some of our staff will be wearing a face shield
- all surfaces will be wiped down after each client (chairs, counters, debit/credit machines, door handles)
- we will have 2 portable debit machines so check-out/retail purchases can be done at your service provider’s station, to limit traffic inside the spa
- we are limiting the use and handling of cash – should you like to leave a tip for your service provider- we ask that you come prepared with it in a sealed and labelled envelope
While this list is not exhaustive, we wanted to assure you all we are doing everything we need to do to keep our clients and the PurEnvi Team safe.
Once we are given a date to re-open we promise we shall begin calling each and every client in order to perform an over-the-phone consult before booking your next appointment.
Thank you for taking the time to check in to see where we are at – we will be in touch soon!
And please, continue to follow the provincial guidelines on how to stay safe – maintain social/physical distancing, wash your hands often, and wear a mask in public to protect others.
See you soon!
The PurEnvi Team